[omniORB] Cygwin instalation

Silvia Andreia Rocha silvia.rocha at SE.EFACEC.PT
Tue May 20 12:03:37 BST 2003

Hi All,

I'm trying to install omniORB but the Cygwin phase is not going well,
My problem is that when I execute:

C:\> C:\gnuwin32\bin\checkmounts C:\gnuwin32
no /bin/sh.exe, mounting c:\gnuwin32\bin as /bin
Completed successfully.

The return is not what it is suppose to be:

C:\> C:\gnuwin32\bin\checkmounts C:\gnuwin32
no /bin/sh.exe, mounting c:\gnuwin32\bin as /bin
mount: not found
mounting /bin failed or c:\gnuwin32\bin doesn't contain sh.exe

sh.exe is in it's place, I've already added to the environment variable PATH
"C:\gnuwin32\bin".
I tried to install the full Cygwin from the website but the installation
procedure
fails a lot and is a bit slow and the idea of fixing my problem through such
a measure seems too "brute force".

So does anyone have any idea?
It probably is a beginners mistake, I have never done anything like this
before.

Lots of thanks in advance,
Sílvia