[omniORB] Is it a bug ?

angainor at evo.evopolska.com angainor at evo.evopolska.com
Fri May 16 09:35:59 BST 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Jerome Kerdreux wrote:

> > with omniORB .4.0.1 and .4.0.0 build w/ gcc 2.95
> > (I haven't checked right now but i'm quite sure
> > that with gcc 3.2 i never see this kind of stuff.
>

> I have done several test on other linux system.
> On every host i get this bug while omniORB is
> build with gcc 2.95, and never appear in 3.2.

hi,
I used to get similar "random" faults with omniOrb. The
problem seems to be not the compiler itself, but
compiler flags it was compiled with. It is possible
that your compiler does not produce thread-safe
exceptions code. Try to rebuild gcc with these

./configure --enable-threads --with-gnu-ld --with-gnu-as

and then recompile omniOrb. Worked for me.
Or first, check the options gcc was compiled with.

gcc -v

should tell you much.

Cheers

Marcin