[omniORB] ORBit and OMNIORB interoperability

Chris McGee sirnewton_01 at yahoo.ca
Thu May 15 19:02:55 BST 2003

In this case, I'm not too interested in the naming
service because I can get the IOR from another source.
I'm having severe problems with GIOP/IIOP. The ORBit
code just seems to crash all of the time with
segfaults. I'm not sure if it is the case that ORBit
has a very poor GIOP implementation or if OMNIORB is
sending it invalid messages and is causing the
segfaults.

If it's ORBit that is the problem, then how could
ORBit<->ORBit communication work so well in GNOME? It
would presumably have to use GIOP as well for this
sort of communication.

Chris