[omniORB] Events

bjorn rohde jensen bjensen at fastmail.fm
Thu May 15 21:51:33 BST 2003

Hi Jerome,

  I must admit, i dont really see a problem with
the current approach, you are using. It sounds
pretty much like the clasic CORBA callback thing.
It is true, that you could use an event/notification
service to decouple the server and client, but that
sounds like overkill, if the pattern of communication
is really only one-to-one.
  OmniEvents currently uses the old omniORB build
system with all its imperfections. Changing that
is quite high on my list of priorities. It will happen
with the next major realeas of omniEvents. The build
system will basically be whatever Duncan chooses for
omniORB;)

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn