[omniORB] ORB_init failed: unknown option (traceLevel) in configuration file...

Vaillant Etienne vaillant.etienne at noos.fr
Mon May 12 12:04:54 BST 2003

>It sounds like a static initialisation issue. The code calling
>ORB_init is being run before the static initialisers in omniORB are
>executed. You might need to force the linkage. See
>include/omniORB4/linkHacks.h, and the files that use it.

If I understand well, I must enable OMNI_NEED_STATIC_FUNC_TO_FORCE_LINK
so I modify the file include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep.h :

#if defined(__aix__) && defined(__xlC__)
#  define OMNI_NO_INLINE_FRIENDS
#  define OMNI_NEED_STATIC_FUNC_TO_FORCE_LINK                     // New
line
#endif

#if defined(__aix__) && defined(__xlc__)
                         // New line
#  define OMNI_NEED_STATIC_FUNC_TO_FORCE_LINK                     // New
line
#endif
                                                  // New line

After, I compile and I check on my own progs but I have alwas the errors
: "ORB_init failed: unknown option (traceLevel) in configuration file..."

if have you any idea ?

thanks
Etienne