[omniORB] Persistent Objects with OMNIORB 3

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri May 9 15:18:38 BST 2003

On Wednesday 7 May, Rui Vaz wrote:

> To have persistent objects i have to activate the policy PERSISTENT and
> define the variable -ORBpoa_iiop_port and put them in command line, like the
> example in omni/src/examples/poa/persistent_objref . If I´m wrong please
> correct the error.

That is correct.

> But i would like to use a config file,instead of " server -ORBpoa_iiop_port
> <port> " . I try to put -ORBpoa_iiop_port <port > in the OmniOrb config file
> but that don´t work.

It can't be done with omniORB 3.0.x. In omniORB 4.0.x the option has
been renamed endPoint, and you can put it in the config file.

If you just want to avoid putting the option on the command line, you
can set your program to add it to the command line args before calling
ORB_init(). See omniMapper for an example of that.