[omniORB] CCM support in omniORB?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed May 7 11:04:02 2003

On Monday 5 May, Gary Duzan wrote:

>    Right now omniORB wouldn't be able to support CCM since it requires
> ValueTypes, which omniORB doesn't support. There have been some noises
> here and there which might tend to indicate that omniORB could grow
> ValueTypes relatively soon, but nothing concrete yet. I'm sure giving
> Duncan some money would help the situation. :-)

I have nearly finished valuetype support for Python. It just needs a
bit more testing, and then I'll make it available for people to
break. valuetypes for C++ are more challenging, and further down the
list of things to think about doing, since the language mapping is
much more hairy. If anyone wants to volunteer to do the C++ mapping,
based on what I've done for Python, let me know.

As for CCM, that's also a long way down the list for me. Again, if
someone wants to offer to do it (once valuetypes are done, of course),
please let me know.

Giving me money would indeed increase the chances of me doing it...

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --