[omniORB] Memory Leak in Omniorb 3.04 and 4.01

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed May 7 10:32:02 2003

On Thursday 1 May, "Rabel, Dietmar" wrote:

> I think there is a memory leak in omniorb v3.04 and 4.01 (Win32, dlls). When
> creating a MFC application it reports a huge number of memory leaks simply
> by including the <omniorb/CORBA.h> header file without actually calling
> anything in the library. When I remove the include file the memory leak is
> gone.

There are lots of statically allocated things in the headers. In
omniORB 3.0.x, there are also some one-off dynamically allocated
things that are never deallocated. In omniORB 4.0.x, all dynamic
allocations are freed as long as you destroy the ORB. If all you do is
include the CORBA header, there should be nothing but static
allocations.

MSVC is not generally a useful tool for finding memory leaks. If you
want to track some things down, and can find any problems, I'll look
into them.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --