[omniORB] RE: [omniORB-dev] Reloading DLLs

Andrew Wilde ajw@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 1 15:00:03 2003

Thanks for the info... an upgrade to OmniORB4.0.1 fixed the minimal example. It seems though I'm still getting a similar problem with
an echo factory example I've created for testing. The factory has 3 methods

createEcho() 	 - loads a DLL to get hold of an instance of the Echo servant, activates an Echo object and passes the reference back
deactivateObject() - obvious
releaseEcho()	 - frees the DLL

I have client which I use to create and destroy 2 echo objects and all works fine. However, if I change the first method to pass an object reference

createEcho(Test_ptr testPtr)

I get the following error message on the second call to that method:

omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application using
omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself. e.g. using the ORB after it has
been shut down.
 file: omniInternal.cc
 line: 951
 info: pof

Is this is a bug with OmniORB ? By the way if I don't free the DLL then I don't get an error (but I can't use that as a long term solution)

Thanks for any help,

Andy.