[omniORB] oneway calls??

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Mar 28 13:00:03 2003

On Wednesday 26 March, Matthew Bettencourt wrote:

> I will try to condence it down to a small program that I can debug and
> send off.  But the basic jist is that I am doing reference counting on
> the server.  All the count decrament calls are oneway.  If that count on
> the server gets back to 0 then a thread in the server calls a
> orb->shutdown(0) and exits and the full program exits.  So, what is
> going wrong (this is only on SGI and OSF BTW, It is fine on Linux,
> AIX??)  is that the client hangs on the decrament call like it is
> waiting for a return or something?

If it works on Linux, but not on other platforms, that shows that your
omniORB is broken on SGI and OSF. It's not an issue with omniORB in
general.

By the way, you don't need to use oneways in this situation -- a
normal two-way call will work fine, and will be more robust.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --