[omniORB] SSL transport when using both omniNames and omniEvents

Alain Patrick Medenou (LMC) Alain.Patrick.Medenou@ericsson.ca
Tue Mar 25 22:03:01 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F31A.2A2EBAC0

Hi,
 I'm having a problem with SSL transport in omniORB applications based, since i'm able to see in clear text messages between my client and my server.
 I've been able to run successfully ssl_echo example and have done the same setup for my own client and server applications.
 No compilation error occurs. Better, when I uncomment my ssl setup (certificates files, etc.), an omniORB message warn me that SSL has been disabled.

 My server and client applications use omniNames service. More, omniEvents service is used by my server to push events to my client. A SSL endpoint is created at server application side, exactly like in ssl_echo example. And client setup is also performed. But i'm still able to view my events contents in clear text. What's wrong with my settings ? Is there anything I forgot to do because i use omniEvents and omniNames ?

 Please help.

 Regards.
 Alain

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F31A.2A2EBAC0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>SSL transport when using both omniNames and omniEvents</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;I'm having a problem with SSL =
transport in omniORB applications based, since i'm able to see in clear =
text messages between my client and my server.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;I've been able to run =
successfully ssl_echo example and have done the same setup for my own =
client and server applications.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;No compilation error occurs. =
Better, when I uncomment my ssl setup (certificates files, etc.), an =
omniORB message warn me that SSL has been disabled.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;My server and client =
applications use omniNames service. More, omniEvents service is used by =
my server to push events to my client. A SSL endpoint is created at =
server application side, exactly like in ssl_echo example. And client =
setup is also performed. But i'm still able to view my events contents =
in clear text. What's wrong with my settings ? Is there anything I =
forgot to do because i use omniEvents and omniNames ? </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;Please help.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;Regards.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;Alain</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2F31A.2A2EBAC0--