[omniORB] giopStream possible uninitializing error

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Mar 19 14:46:01 2003

On Tuesday 18 March, Ales Teska wrote:

> i`m using omniORB in my project and i found (by valgrind),
> one error 'by using uninitialized value'. It happens everytime omniORB
> allocate new buffer and it`s proceed to send.

The uninitialised values are known about, and they are not an error.
GIOP specified padding bytes to align types on their natural
boundaries. The padding is uninitialised, so valgrind and similar
tools complain, but it doesn't do anyone any harm.

> To prevent this error i use patch bellow (it`s dirty, sorry).

Feel free to use that patch if you want to get rid of the valgrind
complaints, but it is not necessary, and it is an unnecessary
performance hit.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --