[omniORB] ssl_echo examples problem

Alain Patrick Medenou (LMC) Alain.Patrick.Medenou@ericsson.ca
Mon Mar 17 22:03:02 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2ECD0.F4441350

Hi,
 I'm experiencing a problem when sniffing client and server communication in omniORB ssl examples (in ssl_echo directory). I'm able to read in clear text what is sent between them, using Ethereal.

I followed these steps:
- I've been able to build omniORB with ssl transport (To check that, when I uncomment ssl initialisations in client and server programs and run them, i get a warning telling me that SSL transport has been disabled because ssl certificates files weren't set).
- I run the server "eg2_impl" and then the client "eg2_clt" (with the IOR parameter) and everything works well
- But when I launch "ethereal" to sniff GIIOP packets, I'm able to read the clear text: "hello" that is sent between client and server.

 I hoped not to be able to read what was sent between server and client, because I think it should be encrypted due to SSL transport.

 Can somebody tell me something about that.  Thanks for your quick reply.

 Alain Patrick M.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2ECD0.F4441350

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>ssl_echo examples problem</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;I'm experiencing a problem when =
sniffing client and server communication in omniORB ssl examples (in =
ssl_echo directory). I'm able to read in clear text what is sent =
between them, using Ethereal.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I followed these steps:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- I've been able to build omniORB =
with ssl transport (To check that, when I uncomment ssl initialisations =
in client and server programs and run them, i get a warning telling me =
that SSL transport has been disabled because ssl certificates files =
weren't set). </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- I run the server =
&quot;eg2_impl&quot; and then the client &quot;eg2_clt&quot; (with the =
IOR parameter) and everything works well</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- But when I launch =
&quot;ethereal&quot; to sniff GIIOP packets, I'm able to read the clear =
text: &quot;hello&quot; that is sent between client and =
server.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;I hoped not to be able to read =
what was sent between server and client, because I think it should be =
encrypted due to SSL transport.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;Can somebody tell me something =
about that.&nbsp; Thanks for your quick reply.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;Alain Patrick M.</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2ECD0.F4441350--