[omniORB] Newbie Omni on OS X

Ulf Stoermer ulf@emi.yamaha.co.jp
Mon Mar 17 10:14:02 2003

Hello Mac-OS-Xer,

I'm new to the world of Apple and I already managed to build and install
Omni4 successfully on an iBook with 10.2 and also port my application.

However, everything works fine only as long as I don't use the network.
Even though the network connection works ( I can ping others and do
web browsing ) but all the object references that my server publishes
are somewhat wrong.

I noticed in the trace output that on the Mac the omniORB doesn't detect
any addresses. For example on my Linux machine it says

omniORB: My addresses are:
omniORB: 127.0.0.1
omniORB: 136.176.227.171

whereas on the Mac it's just empty.

I have setup the Mac basically the same way as the Linux box, i.e.
hosts file and environment (changed LD_LIB... to DYLD_LIB...)
but it seems that I'm missing out on something.

Did someone run into the same problem and knows how to fix it?

Thanks

Ulf