[omniORB] communication timeout (again)

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Mar 13 16:12:01 2003

On Monday 10 March, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

>     sometime ago I posted a question about an apparently broken connection
> which occurs after we keep a process in standby for a few minutes (see
> http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2003-February/023034.h
> tml), much like a failing keepalive. Then the first attempt to contact any
> (already contacted) obj fails. All others succeed, confusing the debugging
> session a lot.

I thought I answered this before. I guess not. I think it's just the
OS getting confused and closing the connection in a way that omniORB
doesn't expect. You can avoid the issue by installing a COMM_FAILURE
exception handler that does a single retry when it gets the relevant
minor code.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --