[omniORB] help with win32 config of omniorb

Lee, Robert C. RLee@northropgrumman.com
Thu Mar 13 00:36:01 2003

Hello all,

This is the instruction in the readme file:

  o Start the tool REGEDT32.EXE (on NT) or REGEDIT.EXE (on Windows '95).
      Select the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\omniORB\InitRef (or
      create it if it doesn't exist). Add a string value (known as a
      REG_SZ data type when using REGEDT32) with key "1", value
      "NameService=corbaname::my.host.name" (putting the correct host
      name in, of course).

In the registry you can add key or values (string, dword, etc). I didn't
find  a way to add a string value with a key.  Perhaps this is saying to
create a key '1' and then create the string value?  Is that correct?

Thanks,
Robert Lee