[omniORB] max message size

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Mar 10 12:22:24 2003

On Thursday 6 March, Matthew Bettencourt wrote:

> Under the current version of omniORB how does one spec out the max
> message size??  I know for the older version it was MaxMessageSize. I
> looked around and that fuction does not seem to exist anymore. I have
> noticed that there is now a giopMaxMsgSize, but this does not seem to be
> the right thing for me.

The correct thing is to set the giopMaxMsgSize parameter. It should
behave just like it does in omniORB 3.

> When I am sending a 2.5M message I get a core dump after I attempt to
> the message on the deletion of a sequence pointer.
> // double_array is a sequence<double>
> double_array *da = new
> double_array(programs[*id].size,programs[*id].size,(double*)dat,false);
>
> sendMessage(da);
>
> delete da;
>
> and it dies on the delete.

It most certainly should not to that. You should get a MARSHAL
exception on the sendMessage call. Can you run with -ORBtraceLevel 25
and see what happens?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --