[omniORB] strange connection problem

Song Li lisong@vrac.iastate.edu
Sun Mar 9 04:05:02 2003

--------------1694FEB89FB81E69C8F9383C

Hi,

I have a server written in C++ and using OmniORB3.0.4, a client written
in Java, both connect to a tnameserv and talk to each others. It works
fine on my site, but when I try to port my code to other computers, it
seems java client can only connect to server on the same machine. If run
server and client on different machines, it will either can not resolve
name or can not narrow reference.

Since it can connect on local machine so I think code itself should be
right, the problem should come from OS. Anybody has idea about what will
cause this problem??? I think there is no firewall in the middle...
might have TCPWrapper installed, then how can I know the impact of
TCPWrapper??? is the version of OS matters, one is Redhat 7.2, one is
8.0, will the configuration of hostname and IP matter......any other
ideas??? Thanks!

--
Song Li
VRAC(Virtual Reality Application Center),Iowa State University

--------------1694FEB89FB81E69C8F9383C

Hi,
in Java, both connect to a tnameserv and talk to each others. It works
fine on my site, but when I try to port my code to other computers, it
seems java client can only connect to server on the same machine. If run
server and client on different machines, it will either can not resolve
name or can not narrow reference.
be right, the problem should come from OS. Anybody has idea about what
will cause this problem??? I think there is no firewall in the middle...
might have TCPWrapper installed, then how can I know the impact of TCPWrapper???
is the version of OS matters, one is Redhat 7.2, one is 8.0, will the configuration
of hostname and IP matter......any other ideas??? Thanks!
<pre>--&nbsp;
Song Li
VRAC(Virtual Reality Application Center),Iowa State University
Email: lisong@vrac.iastate.edu
Homepage: <A HREF="http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/~lisong">http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/~lisong</A></pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------1694FEB89FB81E69C8F9383C--