[omniORB] Implementation Repository

James Waller jameswaller@coralwave.com
Fri Mar 7 15:44:01 2003

[snip]

> At least to start with, I don't want to make it part of the omniORB
> tree, since it isn't going to be finished for a while. I'm happy for
> it to go in the omniORB CVS as a new top-level module. Alternatively,
> you might want to create a whole new SourceForge project for it.

A new CVS module sounds like a good way to go. I am currently
restructuring the source tree, writing manpages and source
documentation; once this is done, this might be a good time to put it in.

[snip]

> That will be good, but remember two things:
>
>  1. Autoconf isn't available everywhere, notably on Windows.

I intend to create a Visual Studio workspace for building omniImR with
MSVC++ when I do the Windows port - other Windows compilers would follow
later. As for other platforms that don't support autoconf, I don't know.
I suppose they would have to be dealt with separately, like Windows.

>  2. The omniORB build environment is nightmarishly complex. Think
>     twice before saddling omniImR with it.

I don't think that will be necessary, a simple autoconf-based system
should be good enough for most platforms.

Cheers,
James