[omniORB] typecode problem

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Fri Mar 7 12:12:01 2003

On Tuesday 4 March, Vasily Tchekalkin wrote:

> I'm use omniORB4 for some CORBA/HTTP/XML based service. Almost works
> fine, except typecodes. Under heavy load within couple of hours I begin
> catching omniORB::fatalException in typecode.cc, line 916.
> Into typecode.cc I've found that code:

It is right for the assertion to trigger. It indicates that the
typecode pointer is either invalid, or the typecode object is
corrupted. That must be due to a bug elsewhere in omniORB, or in your
application code.

If you can, try running your program under a memory checking too like
Purify or valgrind. Hopefully that will show where things are going
wrong.

[...]
> Can anyone explain why perform typecode check twice and can I simple
> comment out line with assert?

The check is there in case the assertions are compiled out. Removing
the assertion will prevent the exception you are currently seeing, but
doing so will just mask a problem, rather than fix it.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --