[omniORB] max message size

Matthew Bettencourt matt@mail.ssc.usm.edu
Thu Mar 6 22:14:01 2003

Under the current version of omniORB how does one spec out the max
message size??  I know for the older version it was MaxMessageSize. I
looked around and that fuction does not seem to exist anymore. I have
noticed that there is now a giopMaxMsgSize, but this does not seem to be
the right thing for me.

When I am sending a 2.5M message I get a core dump after I attempt to
the message on the deletion of a sequence pointer.
// double_array is a sequence<double>
double_array *da = new
double_array(programs[*id].size,programs[*id].size,(double*)dat,false);

sendMessage(da);

delete da;

and it dies on the delete.  which is odd to me, but ...  Now, if I
increase the giopMaxMsgSize to 100M I get the same thing.

../../MCEL/MCELServer.ex -ORBgiopMaxMsgSize 100000000 &

However, if I shrink me message down to less then 2MB it all works fine.
  Now if I shrink the ORBgioMaxMsgSize to less that I am storing I get a
different result.

{attica} 128 % ../../MCEL/MCELServer.ex -ORBgiopMaxMsgSize 1000000 &
[1] 12678
{attica} 129 % Running.
./wave.ex
omniORB: Unknown exception caught by a server thread at GIOP_S.cc: line 259
omniORB: Assertion failed.  This indicates a bug in the application using
omniORB, or maybe in omniORB itself. e.g. using the ORB after it has
been shut down.
  file: giopStrand.cc
  line: 538
  info: success
omniORB: AsyncInvoker: Warning: unexpected exception caught while
executing a task.
then it hangs...

So, basically, i don't know why the different effects of the changing
giopMaxMsgSize

BTW, this is running with omniORB 4.0.0 on a RH7.3 box for both the
server and the client.

Thanks for any help people can offer
Matt