[omniORB] Odd problem: no reply, GIOP Reply packet not sent on some machines

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Mar 5 15:36:01 2003

On Thursday 27 February, Debian User wrote:

> I am using omniORB 3.0.4 (debian testing compile) and I am seeing
> different behavior on different machines.  I am running a client and
> a server, and when I run both on machine A, they communicate fine.
> However, in the same SW enviroment on machine B, the server never
> responds to the request.  I've looked at it with a packet tracer,
> and on A, I see a GIOP locate, response, request, response.  On B I
> see GIOP locate, response, request, but no response to the request,
> just a FIN.  I am rather puzzled by this behavior.  The operating
> and configuration on both machines is similar.

Run the server with -ORBtraceLevel 25. With any luck, that will give
some indication on why the connection is closed.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --