[omniORB] Security/Authentication/Interceptors

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje@novonordisk.com
Sun Mar 2 11:36:01 2003

> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:39:35 -0600 (CST)
> Subject: Re: [omniORB] Security/Authentication/Interceptors
> From: "darryl" <developer@csrules.dyndns.org>
> To: <omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com>
>
> Poking around the net abit I see that most java orbs do support
> portable interceptors. So far as i understand it as long
> as i set the correct service context ID it would be pretty
> straight forward?
>
> -Darryl

Hi Darryl.

It should be. As long as both clients and servers agree on which context IDs
to use and what data format/marshalling/encoding is used to put stuff into
them (they just store a sequence of bytes), everything should work fine. And
whether the server uses portable interceptors or not is also irrelevant to
clients - as long as it is able to get to the request service contexts.

-- Jan