FW: [omniORB] omniidl and python

baileyk at schneider.com baileyk at schneider.com
Wed Jun 25 11:58:09 BST 2003

I have built omniORB 3.0.5 using cygwin and MSVC++ v5.0 on Win2000
recently.  I started from scratch.  The latest MS compiler I have is v5.0
(all the service packs were needed).  I had to build Python 2.2.2 from
source, then omniORB to get everthing to link.  I had trouble with MSVC 5
building omniORB4 for some reason, that's the only reason I went back to
v3.0.5.

It's not a simple build process, but it wasn't that hard either.  I just
followed the directions.  If the binaries available aren't what you need
perhaps you can ask here for those you need and someone will have already
built them?

Kendall

                      Jens Nissen
                      <jens.nissen at gmx.net>                To:       omniORB-list at omniorb-support.com
                      Sent by:                             cc:
                      omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-        Fax to:
                      support.com                          Subject:  Re: FW: [omniORB] omniidl and python

                      06/25/2003 10:44 AM

> I have tried python 2.2 and it works fine,
> set up the python environment variables
>
> PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python2.2
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.2:${OMNIORB}/lib/python:${OMNIORB}/l
> ib/${P
> LATFORM}

Oops - I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 2000!
It didn't occur to me, that omniidl is very different under Windows.
omniidl seems to be hardwired with python 1.5, so probably needs to be
recompiled with the proper Libraries.
As recompiling looks very difficult, I'm probably going to port "tempfile"
from Python 2.3 to Python 1.5.