FW: [omniORB] omniidl and python

Jens Nissen jens.nissen at gmx.net
Wed Jun 25 18:44:32 BST 2003

> I have tried python 2.2 and it works fine,
> set up the python environment variables
>
> PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python2.2
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.2:${OMNIORB}/lib/python:${OMNIORB}/l
> ib/${P
> LATFORM}

Oops - I forgot to mention that I'm using Windows 2000!
It didn't occur to me, that omniidl is very different under Windows.
omniidl seems to be hardwired with python 1.5, so probably needs to be
recompiled with the proper Libraries.
As recompiling looks very difficult, I'm probably going to port "tempfile"
from Python 2.3 to Python 1.5.