[omniORB] differentiating between Omniorb Versions.

Philippe Combes Philippe.Combes at ens-lyon.fr
Tue Jun 24 14:59:14 BST 2003

Corrigan Coleman wrote:
> Does anyone know offhand if there is an easy way of differentiating between
> omniORB versions at build time ?
>
> The problem is with external wrapper code that needs to operate differently
> depending on which version it has been built with, and while its no problem
> to add an option, it is still 'another option'.
>
> I have searched through the code, and there doesn't seem to be any version
> defs. Is this the case, or have I missed something.

Hi,

We develop a middleware that depends on omniORB. Our configure script
needs to detect the omniORB major version, to support omniORB 3.x as
well as omniORB 4.x
It is easy to get the installation directory of omniORB, and in this
installation directory, there is a sub-directory :
   include/omniORB<major version>/

That is how we guess the omniORB major version.
But maybe you need more accurate information ...

Hope this helps nevertheless,

Philippe Combes
Philippe Combes. IE INRIA, LIP - ENS Lyon
46, allée d'Italie
69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Tel: (+33)4 72 72 84 70, Fax: (+33)4 72 72 80 80
Web Page: http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~pcombes/