[omniORB] InitRef and DefaultInitRef not taken into account for second time ORB_init call?

Tomas Sokorai Sch. tsokorai at xperts.cl
Wed Jun 18 11:00:21 BST 2003

Tried faking the argc and argv and setting them before every call to
ORB_init... the same problem :(
Well finally, I faked the cmd line using the "options" array passed to
ORB_init. A little "Workaroundish", but works ;)

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 13:27, Frederic BOUVIER wrote:
> I think that this is because ORB_init removes the ORBxxx option from the
> arg list ( look at argc, it has a smaller value after the call) thus, when
> =0you call it a second time, the options are not there any more.
>
> -Frederic
>
> > Message du 17/06/03 19:21
> > De : Tomas Sokorai Sch. <tsokorai at xperts.cl>
> > A : OmniORB <omniORB-list at omniorb-support.com>
> > Copie à :
> > Objet : [omniORB] InitRef and DefaultInitRef not taken into account
> > for	second time ORB_init call? Hi,
> > I try to pass command line values for InitRef and DefaultInitRef, and
> > they're taken only the first time ORB_init is called.
> > In the following lines taken from omniORB's trace, the InitRef is from
> > the config file, and the DefaultInitRef  is from the command line.
> > Everything's OK :
> > omniORB: Current configuration is as follows:
> > omniORB:   DefaultInitRef = corbaloc::192.168.1.2
> > omniORB:   InitRef = NameService=corbaloc::192.168.1.2/NameService
> >
> > Then my program destroys everything, and tries to call ORB_init for a
> > second time, but this time only the configuration file is taken into
> > account :
> >
> > omniORB: Current configuration is as follows:
> > omniORB:   DefaultInitRef =
> > omniORB:   InitRef = NameService=corbaloc::192.168.1.2/NameService
> >
> > Tried in Linux & Win32, the same problem both.
> >
> > Is there a known problem for this, or am I doing something wrong?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.
Socio director, Gerente Proyectos Especiales
Xperts Ltda. F: 63 244591, Valdivia, Chile