[omniORB] Help Required Unable to install Omniorb on Sco Unixware 7.1.1

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Thu Jun 12 07:35:48 BST 2003

>       I am unable to install omniorb for sco unixware 7.1.1 .There is no
> make file avilable for this platform.If u anyone of you have installed
> omniorb for sco unixware platform please let me know.Please do send me
> the details .

You need a compiler and GNU make installed on your system. At the
simplest, the instructions are something like (I'm doing this from
memory, but the documentation should have some mention of this):

Go to the top of the omniORB source tree.

Type "./configure --prefix=where_you_want_to_install"

Type "make"

Type "make install"

hth

                      - Tom