[omniORB] 4.0.1 and py-2.1 separate directory builds

Alexy Khrabrov alexy.khrabrov at setup.org
Tue Jun 10 15:56:26 BST 2003

OK, apparently omniORBpy creates an include path

-I/usr/local/orb/omni/4.0.1/idl/omniORB

which doesn't exist, instead of the correct

-I/usr/local/orb/omni/4.0.1/share/idl/omniORB

The quick fix is a symlink, but some mk file needs
to be corrected (which?)...

Now, if I give omniORBpy a prefix different
than that for omniORB 4.0.1, I can't compile
stuff with -bpython, because the lib directories
are separate.  Am I supposed to install omniORBpy
over 4.0.1, or I can use Python's ways to get at
the lib/python2.2/site-packages of both separately?
And/or, is there a way to install all site-packages
subdirs to, well, /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages?
The only thing they overwrite is __init__.py{,c}, so
perhaps copying everything there would do -- except,
was omniORB using its own Python, or it uses system-wide
one now allright?

Cheers,
Alexy