FW: [omniORB] Reloading DLLs

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Jun 9 13:32:52 BST 2003

On Tuesday 27 May, "Andrew Wilde" wrote:

> I sent you an ORB trace sometime ago and I was wondering if you had
> managed to have a look at it?

I've had a chance for a quick look. The trace shows various things
that throw unexpected exceptions in upcalls. You need to find out what
the cause of those exceptions is.

> To test my code I tried it with ORBACUS and everything seemed to
> work okay so I am thinking this really is a bug in OmniORB

It is quite possibly a bug in omniORB. DLL linkage issues are a
nightmare on Windows. It's possible that it's not a bug, just a matter
of getting the right compile / link options on DLLs. I don't have the
time or means (without your code) to track this down, I'm afraid.