[omniORB] Blockage on a heavy network

Thierry DESCOMBES descombt at ipnl.in2p3.fr
Wed Jun 4 17:40:57 BST 2003

Hi,

I have ported OmniORB 4.0.1 to the Axis Etrax 100LX
(http://developper.axis.com) - I can give you the file Etrax.mk I made, if
you want to add it in a next release.
It works quite fine. I have 5 Etrax communicating all with a single PC. The
PC loops and calls, each time, simultaneously on the 5 Etrax a function
which return 26Kbytes of datas. This works fine if the PC is on a Gigabit
port of the switch. But when I plug it on a 100Mbits ports, the program
starts and works fine during 30 minutes maximum and then blocks: The
function called on one of the Etrax (it's never the same) is blocked before
returning the datas, and the PC wait infinitely.
I was using OmniORB 3.0.4 and I found out the same behaviour.
I don't understand at all what happens, since, according to my
calculations, the rate of datas doesn't exceed 7Mbits in average !

Thanks in advance.

DESCOMBES Thierry.
CNRS