[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.0 and Visual .NET Problems.

Matej Kenda matejkenda at volja.net
Tue Jun 3 12:12:31 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 12:27, David Stacey wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have been using omniORB 4.0.0 with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 for some
> time, and have recently considered moving to Visual Studio .NET.
> However, a project that compiles under Visual C++ 6.0 refuses to compile
> when imported into .NET. The complaint is as follows:
>
> C:omniORB-4.0.0\include\omniORB4\Naming.hh (1027) 'operator>>=' none of
> the 91 overloads can convert parameter 1 from type 'CORBA::ULong'

Hi David,

You are most probably trying to compile with VC 7.1 (.NET 2003). I have
posted a patch for the header files some time ago. However, using
omniORB dlls that was compiled with VC6 while having other binaries
compiled with VC 7.1 will cause application errors.

There are numerous changes in the CVS repository that most probably
allow omniORB to be compiled with VC 7.1. I'm just in the process of
doing that.

I will post the results to the mailing list.

Regards,

Matej

--
Matej Kenda <matejkenda at volja.net>