AW: [omniORB] omniORB 4 Options

Barthel Marco (MPA/DS) Marco.Barthel at tenovis.com
Mon Jul 28 16:18:45 BST 2003

> It seems that if you call orb_init with all the following
> options, they
> aren't all taken into account... Do I make something wrong ?
>      			      { "-ORBclientCallTimeOutPeriod",
> "1000",	\
>      			      "-ORBserverCallTimeOutPeriod",
> "1000",	\
>   			      "-ORBinConScanPeriod", "1",
> 	\
> 			      "-ORBoutConScanPeriod","1" }

If you want to use it as an replacement for argc, argv you are right.

If you want to use it as the omniORB specific options parameter in
CORBA::ORB_init you must use the following without "-ORB"

const char* options[][2] =
{
 {"clientCallTimeOutPeriod", "1000"},
 {"serverCallTimeOutPeriod", "1000"},
 {"inConScanPeriod", "1"},
 {"outConScanPeriod","1"},
 {0,0}
};

CORBA::ORB_init(argc, argv, "omniORB4", options);

you need  {0,0} because there is no argc (argument count) for the options
parameter.

see omniORB 4.0 User's Guide page 41 (Chapter 4 omniORB configuration and
API) for more info.

-marco