[omniORB] intel compiler

Matthew Bettencourt matt at ssc.usm.edu
Mon Jul 28 09:17:13 BST 2003

Let me know if this is the right test.  I took the echo example and
modified it as follows.

1: added a sleep in the server
char* Echo_i::echoString(const char* mesg)
{
   cerr << "Upcall " << mesg << endl;
   sleep(10);
   return CORBA::string_dup(mesg);
}

2: modified loop to thread calls to hello

     pthread_t thread_id[10];
     for (CORBA::ULong count=0; count<10; count++)
      pthread_create(thread_id+count,NULL,threaded_hello,(void*)echoref);

Then when I had a bunch of threads in the server I hit ^C on the client
and the server was happy as can be.  So, is this sufficient of a test.
Do you feel o.k about saying that the intel compiler works???

One other question.  I thought the default mode of omniORB was
thread_per_request.  I am only gettig 5 active threads in the server no
matter how many I spawn.

Matt