[omniORB] Installing omniOrb4

Shatrowsky, Mark Mark.Shatrowsky at titan.com
Wed Jul 23 10:18:01 BST 2003

Hello all.

Being new to omniorb, I'm not sure if I included enough info for a clear answer...however...

After running configure, I receive an error during "make" of omniorb4 on Solaris 2.6 OS (Python 2.2.2).  It appears to come from the "omniidl" program.

omniidl: ERROR!

omniidl: Could not find Python files for IDL compiler module _omniidlmodule.so
omniidl: Make sure it is in directory /export/home/username/omniOrb-4.0.0/lib
omniidl: (or set the PYTHONPATH environment variable)

omniidl: (The error was 'ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/python: fatal relocation error: file /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.5:
		symbol __eprintf: reference symbol not found).

The IDL compiler module is located in /usr/local/omni/lib.  All other omni related files are found in /usr/local/omni/lib.  Just recently installed gcc3.2.3
on system (/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.5).

Thanks.

Mark Shatrowsky
Titan Corp.