[omniORB] strange asymmetric behavior

baileyk at schneider.com baileyk at schneider.com
Mon Jul 21 12:19:50 BST 2003

Just a guess, but since you've posted no code I'll offer it.  If your
servant has not overridden the _default_poa method, you may be activating
it a second time in the root POA without intending to.  If you've activated
in a POA other than the root, and later call _this() outside the context of
an upcall, then the additional activation in the root POA is what's causing
the reference count to go up.  If so, there's no leak since the root POA
will release these references when the ORB is shut down.

If you post a complete example including source for the servant perhaps we
can track down what's going on.

Kendall

                      "Renzo Tomaselli"
                      <renzo.tomaselli at tecnotp.it>         To:       "Omniorb list" <omniorb-list at omniorb-support.com>
                      Sent by:                             cc:
                      omniorb-list-bounces at omniorb-        Fax to:
                      support.com                          Subject:  Re: [omniORB] strange asymmetric behavior

                      07/21/2003 08:24 AM