[omniORB] omniORB assertion failure in omniOrbPoa::lastInvocationHasCompleted

Chris Newbold cnewbold at laurelnetworks.com
Mon Jul 14 20:04:06 BST 2003

During a recent stress test of our application, we hit the following
assertion in omniORB (version 4.0.1):

        void
        omniOrbPOA::lastInvocationHasCompleted(omniLocalIdentity* id)
        {
          ASSERT_OMNI_TRACEDMUTEX_HELD(*omni::internalLock, 1);

	  omniObjTableEntry* entry = omniObjTableEntry::downcast(id);
          // This function should only ever be called with a localIdentity
          // which is an objectTableEntry, since those are the only ones which
          // can be deactivated.

Is there anyway this could be caused by an application-level error?
Presumably the only thing that might provoke this is attempting to
deactivate a bogus object, but I would have expected that to be caught
sooner...

We're in the process of attempting to reproduce the failure an will try
to gather some omniORB tracing from the failure.

-Chris

--
====( Chris Newbold  <cnewbold at laurelnetworks.com> )==========================
      Laurel Networks, Inc. voice: +1 412 809 4200 fax: +1 412 809 4201