[omniORB] omniidl and 'missing' _ptr type

Tomasz Bech tbech at polbox.com
Thu Jul 10 19:48:53 BST 2003

Hi all,
I try to switch from Visibroker to omniorb.
I have following problem:
Visibroker for each union and stuct in the .idl generated also the
structname_ptr type (which is structname*).
Omniorb doesn't do it.
I have thousand of places where such _ptr are used, so I must solve it
rather in omniidl.

1. How to tell omniidl to generate such types?
2. How to extend the the backend cxx generation in omniidl to generate
such types (such very simple lines for every structure in idl). Where to
begin to implement such thing?
3. Maybe someone knows other nice way to do it? (simple reg.exp. replace
is wrong - for real object there must be a object_ptr, not object*)
3. Just curious: Is it a choice or it is against the OMG corba
specification?

Help appreciated,
    Tom