[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.2 / omniORBpy 2.2 soon

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Mon Jul 7 13:40:24 BST 2003

>I intend to release omniORB 4.0.2 and omniORBpy 2.2

I've posted RPMs of the current CVS tarballs at

  http://wraith.fourpalms.org/pub/omniORB/devel/

Noted during build:
bin/omniNames-daemon is a new file. If it is actually necessary (and is
some form of omniNames intended to run as a daemon) then it might be
more typically called "omniNamesd" , "omninamesd", or something to that
effect.

Previous versions of RPMs did not include .pyc files in the omniidl_be
directory. omniORB and omniORBpy have dualing __init__.py* files in that
directory. Fixed in the RPM packaging by omitting those files from the
omniORBpy package.

                                       - Tom

ps I installed a new server and just noticed that the RPMs might have
been inaccessible. Should be fixed now.