[omniORB] omniNames4 fails where omniNames3 worked

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje@novonordisk.com
Fri Jan 31 12:40:03 2003

> omniORB-4.0.0
> java & client ORB = java1.4.0
>
> I've upgraded from omniORB-3.0.4 to omniORB-4.0.0 and
> my existing java client application now fails to
> connect to omniNames.
>
> I use the following in the java client:
>
>         props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort",
> "2809");
>         props.put("org.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost",
> "fred ");

I had a similar problem. Using "-ORBInitRef
NameService=corbaname::fred:2809" instead of the "-ORBInitialHost" and
"-ORBInitialPort", will probably work. It did for me.

Cheers

-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark