[omniORB] Missing idl file in /usr/share/idl/omniORB?

Thomas Lockhart lockhart@fourpalms.org
Wed Jan 29 21:30:03 2003

> I've been looking at packaging python stubs and skeletons for COS IDL.
> afaict orb.idl is not installed, or at least not installed in the place
> I would expect. (The file is empty, but required by the CORBA spec since
> it is referenced in at least CosTradingDynamic.idl.)

Oops, never mind. It is installed in the directory above COS/. I'll
modify my rpm package instructions to find it.

> On a related topic: is there a reason why more IDL is not built for
> python in the omniORBpy source tree? Would there be an objection to
> building more of the IDL for the default python installation?

Still curious about this one; I'll prepare patches to add more
interfaces unless there is an objection.

               - Tom