[omniORB] omniORBpy : can't resolve_initial_reference for omniINSPOA more than one time ?

Thomas BARON thomas.baron@dassault-aviation.fr
Wed Jan 29 15:38:56 2003

Hi,

I use the omniINSPOA in servers with the following code : I want a Echo object to be available with
'corbaloc::MyHost:41502/Echo' URI :
    orb=CORBA.ORB_Init(sys.argv,CORBA.ORB_ID)
    poa=orb.resolve_initial_references("omniINSPOA")
    echo_i=Echo_i()
    poa.activate_object_with_id("Echo",echo_i)
    poaManager=poa._get_the_POAManager()
    poaManager.activate()
    orb.run()

I launch this server with a command line argument to specify the port to listen to : "-ORBpoa_iiop_port 41502".
And everything works just as I expect. Thats is not my problem
My problem is that I have to launch more than one server at a time on the same host : so I launch the same
server with another port number (say 41503) (and yes, I change the command line argument to this new port
number). While launching this second server, the first one is still running and perfectly operationnal.
During the start-up of the second server, I have an exception during the
resolve_initial_references("omniINSPOA") call (somewhere in CORBA.py where the
resolve_initial_references(self,identifier) call is done) : the exception is INITIALIZE (Minor 0 and
COMPLETED_NO). Is it impossible to use this POA more than once at a time ? It would be amazing isn't it ?   :\
I use Python 2.2.1 and omniORB 3.0.4 and omniORBpy 1.x.

Cheers,

Tom