[omniORB] LongLongSeq undefined

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Jan 28 17:06:02 2003

On Tuesday 28 January, Thomas BARON wrote:

> I didn't check if 'long long' type exists on IRIX by myself, but the
> configure script outputs that 'long long' type exists, with a size of 8
> bytes. And the only options I gave it was about C and C++ compilers,
> Python path (version 2.2.1), and the target path for installation.
> Has_LONGLONG is defined in include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep_auto.h, so I
> don't warn myself about dynAny believing that 'long long' type exists.
> But in the build process, I saw nothing about a compilation by omniidl of
> the .idl file (I don't remember the file name, sorry) in which LongLongSeq
> is defined. So maybe something like that is missing ?

LongLongSeq is defined in corbaidl.idl, which is compiled during the
omniORB build. Please can you run this command

  omniidl -v -P foo.idl

giving it any IDL file. That will print the command given to the
pre-processor. It should include a definition of -DHAS_LongLong (and
-DHAS_LongDouble if you have it).

I don't suppose you have installed the output from a build on a
different architecture in the same place?  That could have overwritten
the version of corbaidl_defs.hh with one that doesn't include the long
long sequence.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --