[omniORB] Problems connecting to the NameService

julien piaser jpiaser@ifrance.com
Fri Jan 24 18:46:03 2003

Hi all,

I've just installed a new RH 7.3 on which I compiled OmniORB 3.0.4 (and
omniNotify)
0/ I compiled everything (no problem at all)
1/ I launched "omniNames"
2/ I launched the example programs on the localhost... they all work :
find the NameService and everything
3/ I launched my distant application that was working fine with omniORB
3.0.4 on another RH machine... and it can't find the NameService

The distant application configuration file looks fine : when omniNames
is down, my application immediatly fails. When omniNames is up, the
behavior is a bit different : it can't find the NameService context. It
looks like in that second case, it finds the distant ORB and POA, but
can't find the NameService object.

Of course, I checked the /etc/hosts file, there is no firewall on the
machine...

any idea ?

Regards,

Julien