[omniORB] Deadlock in example eg3 when eg3_impl is not available (vms)

Dieckmann, Jan J.Dieckmann@psi-bt.de
Tue Jan 21 16:22:02 2003

I'm using omniorb 3.0.3 under Open VMS 7.2.
I am able to build and run the examples eg1, eg2 and eg2 of the folder
[src.examples.echo]. But what happens under bad weather conditions? When I
run the client eg3_clt without first starting the server eg3_impl the
eg3_clt hangs and does not throw any exception. (By the way that's what
happens under NT.) May be there is something special with Threads under VMS.
Any help would be appreciable.

regards Jan Dieckmann

Here are some details:

The main method calls hello(echoref);
hello calls dest = e->echoString(src); of echosk
echoString calls _invoke(_call_desc); of  omniobjref
_invoke calls _assertExistsAndTypeVerified();of  omniobjref
_assertExistsAndTypeVerified  calls _locateRequest(); of  omniobjref

and _locateRequest() hangs in an endless loop.