[omniORB] Runtime environment setup.

Stefan Seefeld seefeld@sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 17 14:27:00 2003

Antai Ning wrote:

>     Question is, what omniORB runtime libraries (and other
>     components?) are needed to go into target mechines along with the
>     executables? How do I package them to make an installable file? Can
>     I use rpm on Linux? What's the other packaging tools that are
>     popularily used in Unix?

just use 'ldd' to see what your application depends on. You'll need
libomnithread.so.3, libomniORB4.so.0, and possibly libomniDynamic4.so.0.

As far as I know there are effords to provide binary rpms for omniORB,
so you may just use these, and package only your own code. In any case,
there are other places to learn how to use rpm, start with 'man rpm'.

Good luck,
		Stefan