[omniORB] Is sourceforge cvs broken?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Jan 16 16:33:02 2003

On Thursday 16 January, Mark Zimmerman wrote:

> I have been unable to update my source tree for a few days now because
> cvs fails to make a connection. This occurs from several different
> systems and for repositories other than omniORB. Is anyone else having
> this problem?

Yes, it's broken. The SourceForge status page says

 "(2003-01-14 14:04:19 - Project CVS Services) As of 2003-01-14,
  pserver-based CVS repository access and ViewCVS (web-based) CVS
  repository access have been taken offline as to stabilize CVS server
  performance for developers. These services will be re-enabled as soon
  as the underlying scalability issues have been analyzed and resolved
  (as soon as 2003-01-15, if possible). Additional updates will be
  posted to the Site Status page as they become available. Your patience
  is appreciated."

They have clearly failed to get it going again by yesterday...

Unfortunately, the CVS snapshots are broken, too, but you can get
snapshots from the 13th. If the outage lasts for a few more days, I'll
start making the snapshots a different way.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --