[omniORB] omniORB 4.0.0 thread policy

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Thu Jan 16 12:20:02 2003

On Monday 13 January, "Michael Sturm" wrote:

> we are working with omniORB 4.0.0 together with our own adaptation for
> VxWorks operating system in an embedded application.

Do you mean you are running omniORB on VxWorks?  If so, please can you
provide details of how to run omniORB on VxWorks, and any patches that
are required.

[...]
> Does anybody have an idea or hint what might be the reason for this
> effect? Note: We did not have these problems as long as we used
> omniORB 4.0.0beta, omniORB is configured with default settings.

I'm afraid I don't completely follow what the situation is. Can you
provide a step by step description of what the events are, and what
you think is meant to be happening?  If you are relying on omniORB
dispatching requests from a particular client on the same thread each
call, you are asking for trouble, since it makes no guarantee of that.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --