[omniORB] Implementation Repository

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jan 15 17:07:01 2003

On Wednesday 15 January, baileyk@schneider.com wrote:

> I'm also interested.  I'd like to know how the indirect binding is going to
> be handled if the POA itself does not interact with the ImR when it
> generates an object reference.

Can you explain what you mean by "indirect binding"?  Do you mean
creating an object reference that has the ImR details in it, rather
than details for the current process?  If so, that just requires one
explicit call to the ImR.

> Would it be a good idea to prototype the ImR in Python first?  I've spent a
> little time on a Python version of a load balancing service, but haven't
> gotten far since the projects I'm on haven't been clamoring for it yet.

I think Python would be a good language to do the full thing, not just
a prototype. It has the advantage that someone else has already dealt
with a lot of the platform differences that makes starting and
stopping processes a pain.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --