[omniORB] Implementation Repository

baileyk@schneider.com baileyk@schneider.com
Wed Jan 15 15:13:01 2003

>Can you elaborate that? I've looked at the way MICO does it and they have
>their PERSISTENT POAs register automatically with the ImR if an ORB
>arg to that effect is given. I think that's actually a nice idea. But
>you're right that it should be possible to do it explicitly to support
>any ORB.

I'm also interested.  I'd like to know how the indirect binding is going to
be handled if the POA itself does not interact with the ImR when it
generates an object reference.

Would it be a good idea to prototype the ImR in Python first?  I've spent a
little time on a Python version of a load balancing service, but haven't
gotten far since the projects I'm on haven't been clamoring for it yet.

Kendall